During the events, the special attention will be paid particularly to tea - a drink used worldwide. However, different nations have both, similar and different tea-drinking traditions and customs. The visitors will have the opportunity to investigate the habits and traditions of some nations on 5 tea afternoons – both, in tea making and drinking, and in values characterising the culture. There will be a narration at each meeting, practical lessons will follow, and joint singing and playing of games.
Programme of the “Let`s meet at a Cup of Tea” cycle:
• 29 July – “Annual traditions in Latvia, table songs and tea in Latvian tastes”;
• 3 August – “Table songs in Latgalian language, tea drinking with the herbal medicine specialist Rozalija Mezatuca, fireweed fermented tea, “Latgale gold”;
• 10 August – “Table songs and tea in Indian tastes”;
• 17 August – “Table songs and tea in Slavic traditions - Ukrainians, Russians, Belarusians”;
• 24 August – “Table songs and tea in Polish traditions, playing and dancing”.
All the events will take place at the premises of the theatre “Joriks” in Rezekne, Atbrīvošanas Alley 97, beginning - at 16.00.
Another special event will take place on 29 July - at 15.30 an exhibition of the works created during the plein air painting will be opened in the premises of the theatre “Joriks”. The participants of the project “Integration ABC – 3” jointly acquired and developed drawing and painting skills. Now this exhibition will be available to a wider audience.
We are inviting to apply in advance for the events! Registration of participants for the events will be performed in the application sequence. Entry – for free.
Applying for the events and more information: Marija Dubicka, phone: +371 29414010, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The project „Integration ABC– 3” within the Refuge, Migration and Integration Fund implements the society „Cooperation Platform” in cooperation with the organisation “Shelter “Safe House””. Project is co-financed by the European Union. Grant agreement No. PMIF/8/2019/2/01.